As I am sure you are aware of the rising concerns of the potential dangers posed by the coronavirus, and even though West Virginia has so far been spared from the brunt of this outbreak we are prayerfully and thoughtfully taking the following steps. Sunday March 15, 2020 we will be having services only online.
We have decided to offer services online only out of an abundance of caution and especially to protect the older members of our congregation. We also want to respond appropriately to the Governor’s strong recommendation that citizens avoid gatherings of more than 250 persons.
Even though we will not gather as normal at church on the Lord’s day we can still gather with two online services at both 9 am and 11 am.
Here are some key things you need to know.
- You can watch online at LiveNow.calvarywv.com or via Facebook Live at facebook.com/calvarywv
- Services will be online at 9 and 11 am, or watch recorded services at your convenience
- You can download this week’s bulletin and study outline at LiveNow.calvarywv.com
- You can enjoy this weeks Bible Lesson for Kids at LiveNow.calvarywv.com
- You can give online at LiveNow.calvarywv.com or by texting our Keyword (calvarywv) to 77977
- The President has called for a National Day of Prayer for this situation, please be in prayer for our country
- There will be no Lifegroup meetings the week of March 16
- If schools remain closed there will be no Mid-Week service on March 18, we are planning on streaming a Bible study that evening.
- Look for opportunities to serve others in our community who are affected.
Above all we can remain confident in our Lord’s care, provision and protection. We as God’s people can stand as beacons of hope for others to see.
For He will hide me in his shelter
in the day of trouble;
He will conceal me under the cover of his tent;
He will lift me high upon a rock.